Terms & Condition
By accessing deftransfer.com, you are entering into an agreement with Deft Academy LTD, and accept and agree to be bound by each and all of these Terms of Service. Deft Academy LTD may amend, alter and update these Terms of Service, at any time and without notice to you, by posting the amended terms or new Terms of Service on this web site. The amended terms or new Terms of Service shall become effective immediately and automatically upon posting, and you agree to be bound by such amended terms and new Terms of Service.
B. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
In addition to your other obligations under these Terms of Service and in consideration of your use of deftransfer.com, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted and shown on deftransfer.com form or when otherwise requested, and
- If you provide any personal information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, deftransfer.com has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete and has the right to suspend or terminate your transfer and refuse any and all current or future use of deftransfer.com, or any portion thereof.
- Your information will be treated and processed securely and strictly in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We will not treat customer information as confidential where becomes already known to the public.
- We may disclose customer information if we are required to do so by law, by court order, by any statutory, legal or regulatory requirement, by the police or any other competent authorities in connection with the prevention or detection of crime or to help combat fraud, money laundering and terrorism financing. We may also report suspicious activity to appropriate competent law enforcement or government authorities.
You acknowledge and agree that deftransfer.com may preserve all client and user information and may also disclose content if required to do so by law or if such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process;
- enforce the Terms of Service;
- respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or
- protect the rights, property, or personal safety of its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of deftransfer.com, including your content, if any, may involve
- transmissions over various networks; and
- changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
E. INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States, Nigeria or the country in which you reside.
Notices to you may be made via either e-mail or regular mail. Deft Academy LTD may also provide notices of changes to the Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on deftransfer.com
G. TRADEMARK INFORMATION
Logos, trademarks and service marks, and others shown on deftransfer.com logos and product and service names are trademarks of Deft Academy LTD. Without Deft Academy LTD’s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner.
Please report any violations of the Terms of Service.
I. RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
You agree that you are 18 years old and you have a legal capacity to enter into legally binding contracts before using our service You agree to abide by and pay the fees associated with this service. You shall comply with these Terms and Conditions as well as with any applicable laws, rules and regulations. In relation to use of the Service you will:
- supply us with all information and documentation we may ask to process your transfer and to comply with all legal requirements applicable to us or to our partners (including without limitation, the Money Transfer Regulations and the Money Laundering Regulations 2017);
- update all information you provide to us to keep it accurate, current, complete and true;
- not use the Service for or in connection with any Prohibited Purpose or attempt to tamper, hack, modify, overload, or otherwise corrupt or circumvent the security and/or functionality of the Website and/or the Application or to infect it with any Malicious Code;
- transfer money only from your bank account. You may not submit a transfer on behalf of another person;
- use the Service to send money only to people that you know personally or to You understand and accept that: We are legally obliged to retain information about our users and the transactions that we process for up to 5 years or as may be required from time to time by applicable law or by any regulatory authorities; All currency converted as part of the Service will be converted using our rate of exchange (as published on deftransfer.com or the Application or as may be communicated to you before we issue a Confirmation); We reserve the right to increase our rate and fees when the markets are closed (weekends, public holidays) to prevent loss stemming from currencies fluctuating and ensure payouts for our customers (we will still display the rate that we are offering on the homepage and the final rate on the checkout page before confirming the transaction); The maximum transfer that can be sent through our service is $1000 USD or the equivalent value in Naira You will be liable to us for all losses which we suffer or incur in relation to any fraud or fraudulent activity by you; You must contact us as soon as possible if you believe or suspect that a transfer of funds was not executed properly or that the amount has not been received or was only partly received; It is your responsibility to inform the Recipient of the information he/she will need to provide to collect the money you transfer through the Service (such as photographic identification, the exact amount of the send order and the Reference Number). Our Fees vary from time to time, but changes in the Fees will not apply to any orders in respect for which we have already sent you the Confirmation. Discounts on our Fees may be available through promotions that we or our partners may offer from time to time. Promotions are subject to terms and conditions and will be honored in accordance with their published terms.
J. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
You have a right to cancel an order before payment has been made to the Recipient. If you have send money via a recipient form, you may exercise this right by contacting us on the contact information found on our web page
- If you exercise your right to cancel the order after you have already paid us the funds to be transferred.
- we will refund money paid by you and intended for a Recipient only under the condition that it has not already been paid out to the Recipient in accordance with your original instructions prior to the cancellation request; and
- we reserve the right to retain the Fees charged for the Service (and we may charge you with those Fees if they have not yet been paid); and
- if by the time you notify us of the cancellation of the transfer we have already sent the money to one of our partners in the country of destination, we may not be able to successfully cancel the order, given that the cancellation procedures with our partners differ in length and complexity, as well as often require communication across time zones.
- Refunds can take up to 7 working days to be processed and this depends as well on the customer’s bank processes, which are beyond our control.
- If we do not transfer the money to the Recipient in accordance with an order within 45 days after your instructions have been received, provided that you correctly followed our procedures and complied with all our policies, you may ask for a refund of the money transferred to us and intended for the Recipient.
- If the Recipient does not collect the money within 13 months after the date it became available for collection, all rights of cancellation of the order or refund of the money transferred, or the Fees shall be deemed to be waived by you.
- Your order expires after 1 month. In case the money has not been collected (in the case of cash transfers) or the order requires a correction, we reserve the right to cancel your order without prior notice to you and to refund to you the amount that was to be transferred. The refund will not include the Fees paid for the Service, which we will retain.
- If you choose to send money via a mobile phone number and send money to an invalid number, the transaction will be cancelled after 5 days and the funds will get refunded to you via banking details you provided to us. Deposited back to the banking account you provided with.
We value your feedback as it helps us improve our service. We have established internal procedures for complaints. You can make a complaint in writing to us regarding any aspect of the Service by contacting us via the methods shown on our webpage
These Terms and Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and you and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us and you relating to the subject matter hereof. You acknowledge that, in entering into the Contract and accepting these Terms and Conditions, you do not rely on, or will have no remedies in respect of, any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions or the documents referred to in them. Nothing in this clause limits or excludes any liability for fraud. We reserve the right to revise, amend or replace these Terms and Conditions from time to time.